Sunday, July 14, 2019

Seth Minard - I See You

Trying something a little different to make my Ghost Hunting more creative and fun for me and maybe you. I am going to focus on a name and hunt every Ghost I can find who bears that name. Today I am on the hunt for ghosts named Seth. I love this name. It feels strong, brave, sturdy. The name of a man you can rely on. 

Seth was the name of Adam and Eve's third son. The one born after the death of Able. Seth was often given to the next son born after the death of a son in early America. The name means appointed, to set or to place. As in GOD appointed Eve the son Seth to comfort her after the death of Able.

My first Seth today is Seth Minard. He is the son of Abiathar Minard and Elizabeth Willoughby Minard his wife. All I have found in my hunting of this Ghost is that he died on or about the 30th of January 1820. It was added that he was 20 years of age. That puts his birth at about 1800 which puts him in birth order as the third child born to Abiathar and Elizabeth. Seth's death was printed in newspapers in villages around New London County, Connecticut which is where his family lived. 

Seth is buried in Chester Burying Ground



His parents Abiathar and Elizabeth Minard are also buried there.

No comments:

Post a Comment